Tuesday 9 June 2015

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...


Given the bindweed at Stave Hill is growing so fast on the willow wigwams I installed there a couple of weeks ago, I’ve added more height by adding toppers onto them. This is something I planned and talked about in a previous post on farming bindweed.




In contrast to other works in the park made using only material growing onsite, I've incorporated readymade objects in the making of these toppersI now have to wait for the bindweed to wrap itself around them, marrying the industrially made elements with the willow whips and cedar suckers.





The thought of these different elements being married made me think of the following good luck  wedding rhyme: something old (the willow whips), something new (the growing bindweed), something borrowed (the found objects) and something blue (the sky above making all this possible). Now doesn't working outdoors in June bring out the romantic in me?


No comments:

Post a Comment